On my road trip across the United States in 2016 I ended up learning a ton about life, relationships, people, and even politics. Look, I’m 28 years old, which means I’m not some all-knowing sage living at the top of some mountain somewhere.
But I’ve been lucky enough to have had a lot of cool experiences in my life, and after getting nearly 5,000,000 views on my Medium blog over the last five years, I’ve realized people actually have an appetite for my views.
I figured I could condense some of my favorite self-improvement posts right here on this page.
- A Letter To My Younger Brother
- A Letter To My Older Sister
- Why Rediscovering Old Friends Is The Greatest Feeling In The World
- A Letter To My Parents
- Why We Should Always Make Time For Our Friends
- What I’ve Learned After Being Single For A Year
- A Letter To My Lifelong Friends
- A Love Letter To The Friends Who Are Hard On Me
- A Letter To My Friends In Salt Lake City
- 5 Things That Happened When I Stopped Caring What People Thought Of Me
Articles For 20-Somethings
- The Time Of Our Lives Is Now
- Wake Up And Follow Your Dreams
- Post-Grad Survival Guide: Patience
- Post-Grad Survival Guide: Apply To Exciting Places
- Post-Grad Survival Guide: Stop Comparing Yourself To Others
- Post-Grad Survival Guide: Don’t Tell Everyone Everything
- Why College Is Becoming Obselete
- Post-Grad Survival Guide: Don’t Limit Yourself
- Post-Grad Survival Guide: Unplug
- How To Deal With A Really Crappy Boss
- Confessions Of A Recent College Grad: I Don’t Know What I’m Doing
- Recent Grads: Struggling To Find A Job Does NOT Mean You’re Worthless
- This Thing Called Going Home
- 5 Things You Don’t Want To Notice When You Go Home, But Always Do
- A Letter To My High School Years
- 7 Things I Wish The Guest Speaker Would’ve Said At Graduation
- If You Want Happiness After Graduation, Do These 10 Things
General Self-Improvement Advice
- 5 Books That Have Influenced Me
- Dream Your Damn Heart Out
- When To Not Listen To Advice
- The Story About My Resume Gaff
- Fail. Learn. Repeat.
- A Letter To Orlando
- Today I Complete My Journey
- What I Learned About Life in San Francisco
- Have I “Found Tom” Yet?
- That Time I Interviewed The Writer Of Treasure Planet
- 5 Reasons Generosity Is Always The Best Policy
- Social Media Is Not To Blame For Society’s Problems
- I Had A Great 2016 (Despite The Sh*t That Was Happening)
- My Travel Plans For 2017 And Beyond
- Don’t Wait Until You “Feel Like It”
- What’s Our Problem With Being Wrong?
- I Will Never Actually “Find Tom,” It’s That Simple
- 10 Ways To Know You’re Going To Be Successful
- “You Are Good Enough”–It Took Me 28 Freaking Years To Learn That
- How To Start Over In Life In Under 120 Days (And How I Did It)
- How To Change Your Life With These 6 Small (Yet Powerful) Habits
Thanks for checking out some of my best self-improvement articles.
Have a recommendation for me? Email me tom(at)findingtom.com